- Simplified API for application developers
- High-performance asynchronous APIs
- Reliable message delivery (end to end)
- Request/Replay or Send/Receive models
- Connection and resource abstraction to maximize scalability and availability
- Native support for service and storage clustering/scale-out
- Maximize multi-threaded application performance allowing dedicated hardware resources per thread
- Zero copy data delivery, with optional built-in memory management
- Support for multiple transport technologies (RDMA, TCP, Shared-Memory etc.)**
- Integration with common event loop mechanisms
- Fast event notifications or combined models for lowest message latency
- Message combining and batch message processing optimization
- User space and kernel implementations
- Java bindings**
Accelio provides three primary layers:
- Application Interface
- Session and Connection Management
- Pluggable Transport Layer
Easy-to-use primitives for fast and reliable asynchronous message queue or RPC (Remote Procedure Call)
Provides reliable end-to-end connectivity to peer endpoints, with dynamic connection establishment, pooling, fault recovery, and migration/redirection
Allows mapping to different hardware or software transport implementations
Accelio is an open source project distributed under the new BSD license.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. Neither the name of the Mellanox Technologies Ltd nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.